MEF Policy and Regulatory Activities
MEF engages stakeholders across the industry at a local & international level, to shape regulation & raise awareness of its effective implementation with the aim of protecting revenues & ensuring a positive consumer experience.
This ongoing activity looks at the development of new and existing regulations affecting the market for mobile entertainment services.
MEF Policy & Regulation achievements include:
- Developed and launched a landmark Unified Code for VAS in Brazil, fully supported by government regulator Anatel
- Established the EMEA Regulatory Committee to discuss the effective implementation of policy codes
- Completed a regulatory tour of Asia, covering Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and India, to meet with the industry and regional regulators to provide thought leadership, foster collaboration and create an environment conducive to continual industry growth
- Launched the first ever interactive resource for sweepstakes promotions in the US
- Launched the first ever practical guide to the AVMS Directive for the mobile entertainment industry.
- Co-produced a European Framework for Safer Mobile Use by Younger Teenagers and Children
- Was mentioned in the Ayre report on TV broadcasters’ use of premium rate telephone services in programmes as a body developing is its own voluntary ‘framework’ for good practice in participation TV services in the UK.