Meffys 2009: Rules of Entry
Entry fees are payable for each entry submitted to the following categories:
2. Music Service
3. TV & Video Service
5. Technology Innovation
6. Social Networking
7. Search & Discovery
8. Ad Campaign
9. D2C Service
11. Quality of Experience
12. Mobile First Innovation
13. Business Intelligence
14. Innovative Business Model
15. Handset Award
An entry is defined as a submission proposing a product, service, application or initiative for one award category. Please note: if the same entry is submitted for more than one category, each additional category will be subject to an additional entry fee.
2. Entry fees stand at:
£300 (GBP) per submission
£100 (GBP) discounted rate for MEF members
£200 (GBP) for selected trade associations
Payment must be made online by credit/debit card in order to submit the entry. Entries submitted without payment will not be considered.
3. The deadline for entries is 24 April 2009. Submissions must be received 6:00 pm (UK time) on this date to be eligible for entry.
4. The awards are open to any business or project that has commercially launched (this does not include PR launches), been redeveloped or shown substantial measurable progress during the awards period, which runs from 1 March 2008 until 1 March 2009. The following categories are exceptions to the rule due to the nature of their criteria (ie. the entries do not necessarily have to have been commercially launched by 1 March 2009, but need to have been launched by 15 May, the time of the judging process)
- Technology Innovation
- Mobile First Innovation
- Innovative Business Model
- Handset (this should just be the lastest model, even if isn't yet available by the time of the judging)
Entrants are strongly encouraged to submit joint entries with partner companies where applications, services or innovations have been jointly developed and/or launched.
5. Entries will be judged on the basis of the information provided to the independent judging panel on the completed online entry form as well as any visual presentations provided in support of the entry.
Entrants must upload a visual demonstration of their product, service or application (N/A for the Business Intelligence category). Please do not send in any materials by post in support of your application, as they will not be taken into consideration (unless you are entering the Quality of Experience or Handset categories).
Please note: if you are entering the Handset category, it is mandatory that you send in 2 demo handsets (with activated SIM cards). If you would like them sent back to you, please include a self-addressed envelope in your package (If you would like it sent by courier, please specify this and include your courier company account number)
Please send handsets to:
Mobile Entertainment Forum (Meffys)
313 Westbourne Studios
242 Acklam Road
London W10 5JJ
MEF reserves the right to use submitted footage for introducing short-listed companies during its awards ceremony.
6. MEF reserves the right to refuse any entry at their discretion. They also reserve the right to move an entry into a different category if deemed more suitable. In both instances, the entrant would be notified first.
7. The judges’ decisions are final and there will be no further correspondence in this regard. Details of the judging panel sessions will not be disclosed.
8. Entries will be treated as strictly confidential. Only details of the award winners and short-listed entries in each category will be published. Please indicate any information on either the entry form or supporting material that is commercially sensitive and for the judges’ eyes only.
9. By entering the Meffys, companies are expressly authorising the Mobile Entertainment Forum to use the specific text and visual materials submitted for the purposes of promoting the Mobile Entertainment industry in presentations, reports for publication, web site and media activities as well as other forms of promotions/publicity materials.
10. The winners will be announced at the Meffys awards ceremony at Floridita, London on 23 June 2009.