M-COMMERCE IN SE ASIA: UNDERSTANDING THE OPPORTUNITIES OF TODAY AND TOMORROW - 25 August 2010
MEF has held its first webinar addressing the opportunities which are available to brands, content owners and retailers in SE Asia through M-Commerce.
This webinar follows the publication of the MEF North America MEF M-Commerce Guide in July 2010, which was written and produced in collaboration with an expert committee of MEF Members to help companies to better understand how to leverage the mobile device to drive customer acquisition, retention and, most importantly, conversion.
This introductory webinar provided insights into the opportunities available to the SE Asian mobile media market through M-Commerce, as established in the Guide, such as vouchers, couponing, the apps economy and PRS (VAS). These key insights were presented by MEF members with specific regional focus and expertise:
- Shea Silidker, Associate Director - KPMG – Moderator
- Cynthia Yeo Wee Teng, International Transfer Product Manager - Maxis
- Jim Ryan, Chief Strategy and Marketing Officer - Motricity
- Joerg Krahnert, Managing Director - Netbiscuits Pte Ltd
- Pankaj Sethi, President, Corporate Strategy & Services - Tata Teleservices
- Suhail Bhat, Policy and Initiatives Director - MEF
This webinar has been the first step in localising the M-Commerce Initiative in SE Asia. MEF is establishing an Asia M-Commerce Steering Committee to drive forward the localisation of this Initiative in order to maximise on the opportunities available.
The Steering Committee will have the opportunity to determine the scope of the Initiative locally and to drive this forward through active participation and discussion.