MEF Guide to Smart Enablers
In June 2010, MEF published its Guide to Enabling Services, which was produced in association with Ovum, and in collaboration with its Members.
The MEF Guide to Smart Enablers is now available to download
The Guide presents a series of MEF Member use cases to show how enablers are working in practice and the clear benefits they provide, not just for the industry, but how they can facilitate a better user experience for the consumer.
For the operators, we can start to identify a coherent and market-focused set of enabling services, based on business models which fully recognise the needs of the content community. For the content community and service providers, it allows them to understand the opportunities that enabling services can provide for their businesses.
The Guide therefore benefits operators, content owners and service providers, as well as wider industry, by clearly setting out:
- Why the smart enabler role is important
- The key challenges, benefits and opportunities available to all companies in the mobile value chain
- Potential revenue benefits
- New business models and commercial frameworks
- Quantitative industry analysis
Contributers to the Guide
This Guide was produced through collaboration and with the active participation of the following MEF Members:
- OpenMarket (formerly MX Telecom)
- Telefonica O2